These are non-Ashram service providers who supplement and extend the Ashram’s range of services which may enhance your Ashram stay/experience. They are small or one person businesses we happily promote and support as part of our mission of helping local – but outstanding and good value – businesseses, which we have had overwhelming positive feedback from our guests and yoga retreat/workshop attendees alike. Important that you mention that you are recommended by the Ashram for extra service or discount when applicable.
- Transport & Tours: ♥ Airport pickup/hotel transfers/general tours contact BaliWheels@gmail.com or phone/WhatsApp +62 813 386 444 25 – or ask at the Ashram’s Office ♥ Land Tours for Bali East’s Tenganan, Water Palaces, Lempuyang temple/climb, Amed, Budakeling or general area – speak to someone in the office ♥ Boating/Snorkeling. First the DON’T. Plenty of snorkeling tour hawkers on the beach but please don’t show even the slightest interest, unless you are and know what you’re doing as they may use it to pressure you later on “.. you promise!”. Popular tour is off the gilis (or those small island you can see from the Ashram) just a few boat minutes away (best in the morning, about an hour would be plenty for most people/group) or/plus Pasir Putih White Sand Beach (another 20 minutes boat ride away and the duration depends how do you wish to laze around there on the beach) with fisherman Ketut Kasih phone/Whatsapp +62 878 6183 2195 (get his advice on best time, weather suitability). Very dependable and safety aware operator with his brother Billy, esp good with beginners or kids as one goes in the water with you (the brothers also run rice paddies trekking, simply ask them) ♥ At Pasir Putih we always have great service, great seafood menu and beach lounges and umbrellas at Sunrise Cafe ♥ Bus to Ubud/Padangbai: check Perama Bus Timetable (and/or call their office for estimate of duration and stopovers of trip, not just departure timetable) ♥ Trekking Mr Belly +62 819 1664 8385 Very experienced and knowledgeable trekker
- Massage: ♥ (Magic Fingers 🙂 ) Kathy at Nanda Beauty Salon, Phone +62 817 4732 141 about IDR 95,000 for one hour of pure bliss ( Main Road Candidasa – to the right/East or in the direction of Amlapura from the Ashram past the pond but on the other side of the road, a door or two past Vincent Restaurant). In proper room with massage table and air-conditioned. One warning: simply exceptional masseuse and highly addictive! (especially to complement a hard yoga session) ♥ There are a couple of slightly cheaper alternatives who are good, and on call to do at your bungalow, just ask at the office for phone numbers or to call them for you (one is Asih +62 819 9976 4723 ).
- Shopping: ♥ Sarong/scarfs/jewelry are available at very competitive prices from two of our lady members’ own collection at the Ashram. Ask during the meals and they will come and show their wares straight after breakfast or lunch is the best♥ Daily needs/snacks/electrical adaptor/sarong/gifts (almost anything) from Gemini the fantastic shop/prices across the road from the Ashram (guests are known to spend or fill in time looking around at the range!) ♥ For more extensive range of sarong and apparel and excellent gifts and knickknacks you should try The Lucky Shop (turn left from and on same side of the Ashram, about 6 or 7 properties away) and mention that you are from the Ashram for an immediate overall discount on their already competitive prices.
- Restaurants: Try Warung Puspa for excellent Indonesian/Western meals, Juices/Beers at modest prices but no cocktails, and run by an ex Ashram member and his wife (turn left from the Ashram, about 4 or 5 properties on the other side of the road)
- Blues/Music: Time out! for the fine singing of Komang Moko And Friends group at You and Me (turn left or towards Denpasar from the Ashram, about 15 mins walk on you right hand side) on Wed and Sat Nights from 7.30 pm. Komang is a nephew of the founder Ibu Gedong and spent some of his ‘misspent’ early youth at the Ashram with her. Great singer with talented back up, no cover charge, and reasonably priced drinks. A nice change after dinner at the Ashram, should you be looking for a time out..